12 Jan 5 Fast Steps Flooded Basement
After the Flood: Your First 5 Steps
After your basement floods, all you want is to get your life back to normal. That’s why Carpet Keepers should be at the top of your emergency contact list. Once the water stops pouring in, and you have the electricity off and the water shut off, it’s time to think about remediation and restoration. You can call Carpet Keepers any time, day or night, to asses the damage, form a plan, and get you started on the first steps to restoring your home with out unique, certified PureRestore system.
In this post we’ll take a look at the first five things you should do once the flood waters recede. Before you undertake any of the four steps below CALL CARPET KEEPERS FIRST 703-737-3117 no matter the day of the week or time of the day – we equipped to support your water damage emergency.
1. Clean It Up and Clear It Out
- Depending on the extent of the event – contact power company and have the power shut off; do the same with the gas company and have the water shut off.
- Wear protective gloves, wader-type boots and a mask or respirator when going into the basement; flood waters can contain toxic chemicals.
- Use a sump pump to remove the water at a slow and steady pace.
- A humidifier and fans will help with drying.
- Use a shovel to clean out any mud and debris.
2. Determine What to Keep and What to Toss
- Get your items out of the wet areas as soon as possible to avoid mold and mildew.
- Throw out mattresses and carpet padding.
- In some cases, carpets and upholstered furniture can be salvaged; let an expert technician help you determine if that’s true of yours–and remember that PureRestore can remedy items that other systems can’t.
3. Flood-proof Your Future
- If your home has flooded once, it could happen again.
- Set up a system to prevent future floods.
- Carpet Keepers can help you plan an overhaul of your existing waterproofing system.
4. Remediation and Restoration
- You may be pleasantly surprised at how many of your belongings and furniture pieces can be restored, but only if you call a company with specialized expertise in water damage restoration, like Carpet Keepers.
- Look for a full-service company that will provide immediate response, total cleanup, restoration, direct insurance billing, and employees who are licensed, bonded and professionally trained.
- Any company that doesn’t provide all of that could make your situation worse, cause you to waste time and money, and increase your anxiety tenfold.
- Carpet Keepers is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with a quick response team that will take the worry off your hands and let you breathe easy.
- With Carpet Keepers you get your choice of two deep cleaning and restoration options.
- PureRestore gives you total water extraction, cleanup, and decontamination, leaving your home restored to its previous bright, clean condition.
- PureRestore includes project management for structural changes and repairs.
- Whichever level of service you need, you get Carpet Keepers’ guarantee, 24/7 service and expertly-trained, licensed and bonded technicians.
Make the Call
Carpet Keepers knows that when you’ve had a catastrophe like a flood, you want to get your home, your belongings and your life back to normal as soon as possible. We guarantee that no other restoration service can match our service, our professionalism or our results. We’ve worked magic with PureRestore for hundreds of satisfied customers and we can do the same for you.