01 Aug 5 Water Damage Hazards
Water Damage Hazards
Water is the source of life, but too much of it can ruin your carpets and your home. Even worse, its effects can be dangerous to your health. Read on to learn the best ways to protect your home, your possessions and your family.
Causes of Floods and Water Damage
- Broken pipes
- Flooding after storms
- Roof leaks
- Foundation leaks
- Sewage system backups
- Excessive humidity levels
Mold from Water Damage
Mold – Mold is a natural organism that normally isn’t harmful—unless it’s growing inside your home. Left untreated there, molds can trigger allergic reactions, asthma attacks, and nose and throat irritations. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the only way to control mold growth in your home is to control the humidity levels.
If you’re concerned about mold in your home, call Carpet Keepers today and ask about our PureRestore system. We can safely and efficiently clean mold out of your home and have you breathing easy again.
Water Damage Restoration
If you’ve had a flood or leak, your first step should be to salvage what you can and then call a professional water restoration service like Carpet Keepers. Restoring your home after a major incident like flooding is not something you should have to face on your own. Using our patented PureRestore system, our recovery experts will make sure that everything is cleaned, dried and sanitary so you can feel comfortable in your home again. In some cases we can even rescue your wet carpet and furniture, saving you time and money.
Types of Water Flooding
Service recovery professionals divide flood damage into three categories.
* Category 1: Clean Water – This is rainwater or water from a burst or leaking appliance. It is not unsanitary and won’t create health hazards unless it stays in your home for too long. If you’re unable to clean it yourself, call us for help before the problem becomes unmanageable.
* Category 2: Gray Water – This is water that’s slightly contaminated because it’s been used, such as water that has leaked from a dishwasher or a washing machine. You should wear protective clothing and gloves when touching gray water.
* Category 3: Black Water – The most dangerous type of flooding is from untreated sewage, and it’s usually caused by failures in sewage systems, septic tanks and floor drains. Black water also refers to flooding from seawater, rivers and streams.
Black water is loaded with harmful bacteria that can cause serious gastrointestinal problems such as vomiting and diarrhea, and can also lead to life-threatening illnesses. If anyone in your family has been exposed to untreated sewage, get medical attention immediately. Do not attempt to clean this type of leak or flood yourself.
Emergency Carpet Cleaner Near Me
Carpet Keepers, based in Leesburg VA has the experience and technical expertise to get your home back to its former state as quickly as possible. We will walk you through the process of restoring your home with compassion, know-how and the best restoration system in the industry.
What to Expect from Us:
- A thorough estimate and timeline
- Carpet removal
- Complete water extraction
- Sanitation and disinfecting
- Technicians who are certified, licensed and insured
- Full cooperation with your insurance company
- 24-7 emergency service
- If necessary, complete structural restoration
At Carpet Keepers, we know how devastating a flood can be, and we know that the process of getting everything back to normal can seem overwhelming. Call us today and we’ll show you how our dedication and professionalism, coupled with the magic of PureRestore, can get you happily back home.